It’s no secret that the social media game has grown bigger and bigger over the past few years and has become a vital part of the Internet marketing game. So even though you are aware that you need to get into the playing field of social media, your reluctance may hinge on the issue of time, and rightly so.
What can you do to make the most of your efforts to get on the Social Media bandwagon? The place to begin is to start a blog because a blog gives you the perfect platform to talk about your company and let your visitors get to know the real you. It is also the perfect platform for you to help others in your industry and become a source of information for them. Blogging = Sharing.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started and maximize your blogging time and efforts.
1. Look to your employees and put together a team to share the blog writing responsibilities. The more writers you have on the team, the less time each person will have to devote to the process. Keep in mind that you don’t have to be a professional writer to be a good blogger. You just have to know something about your topic, and every employee knows something about your business.
2. Decide as a team how often you will publish blog articles and stick to your schedule. Establish a team leader to help keep everyone on track and accountable.
3. Create as many categories as possible to begin with, based on the relevant areas of your company’s business. Make sure each person on the writing team has a specific area on which to focus – logically based on the areas of the business in which they work.
4. Have a brainstorming session once a month or once a quarter to share ideas for article topics. This will keep the ideas flowing and help your team avoid getting bogged down in writer’s block wondering what to write about.
5. As the CEO or President, commit to writing articles yourself – once a month or once a quarter. This will inspire your team and make them know you recognize the importance of their efforts and are willing to pitch in. People in your audience will appreciate hearing from a leadership standpoint.
Depending on the type of business or service you provide, there are many other avenues of social media that can work for you and help you reach your goals. While some areas of social media are perfect for some businesses, there may be different strategies that will work best for others. This is where good advice from an experienced agency can help you determine what will work best for you.
Xcellimark will work with you to help you make the most of your social media efforts. Contact us for more information today.